Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThe poems included in this volume are drawn from Rob Halpern's four collections and two chapbooks - Rumored Place, Disaster Suites, Music for Porn, Common Place, Weak Link and Imaginary Politics - one long writing project for which [ - - - - - ] stands here in lieu of a proper title. According to Halpern, this sign serves as a placeholder for a common world, the world we radically long for but whose advent is blocked by current conditions, the world whose beauty we kw in dreams and whose plenty we can already taste, the world whose realization will make these poems irrelevant. In the writing collected under the sign of this Placeholder, hope for that world finds expression in the most explicit desires, among whose objects are the figures of the wounded US soldier and the Guantanamo detainee. It's in these wrecked bodies that Halpern seeks the possibility of a truly unconditional love, at once prohibited and revolutionary.
- Author BiographyRob Halpern is the author of the *Common Place* tetralogy, published in the USA over the last eight years, and co-author (with Taylor Brady) of *Snow Sensitive Skin*. Recent essays and translations by Halpern appear in Chicago Review, Journal of Narrative Theory, and The Claudius App, and an essay by Sam Ladkin on the Common Place series can be found online in World Picture Journal 8.
- Author(s)Rob Halpern
- PublisherEnitharmon Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEnitharmon Press
- Weight186 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.