All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionPlacing Latin America offers a thematic approach to the study of the diverse geographies of a globalizing region. This comprehensive text focuses on the dynamic connections among people, places, and environments rather than on predefined tions about the region. The book's well-rounded and accessible analysis includes discussions of borders and migration, transnationalism and globalization, urbanization and landscapes of cities, the connections between ecomic development and political change, the physical environment and human-environment interactions, and natural resources in the context of a global ecomy. The authors also explore social and cultural themes such as the illegal drug trade, social movements, tourism, and children and young people. Providing a nuanced and clear perspective, this book will be an invaluable guide for all those interested in the politics, ecomy, and society of a rapidly changing continent. With contributions by: Fernando J. Bosco, Christian Brannstrom, J. Christopher Brown, Altha J. Cravey, James J. Hayes, Edward L. Jackiewicz, Thomas Klak, Araceli Masterson-Algar, Kent Mathewson, Sarah A. Moore, Linda Quiquivix, Zia Salim, Kate Swanson, Benjamin Timms, and Joseph Wiltberger.
- Author BiographyEdward L. Jackiewicz is professor in the Department of Geography at California State University, Northridge. Fernando J. Bosco is associate professor in the Department of Geography at San Diego State University.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/02/2016
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note28 black & white halftones, 21 maps, 2 charts, 6 tables, 2 graphs
- Weight789 g
- Width185 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byEdward L. Jackiewicz,Fernando J. Bosco
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.