All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBarry Gilmore is participating in a FREE on-line roundtable webinar Plagiarism in the Digital Age: Voices from the Front Lines -- What's Happening in High Schools Now. To learn more visit www.plagiarism.org. Plainly put, plagiarism isn't acceptable. But what's t so simple for students to understand is what exactly plagiarism is, how it happens, and how to avoid it. That's why Barry Gilmore's Plagiarism: A How-Not-To Guide for Students is a must-have for student writers. In Plagiarism: A How-Not-To Guide for Students, Barry Gilmore follows up on his teacher's guide Plagiarism: Why It Happens How to Prevent It. Gilmore doesn't sugarcoat plagiarism, but he offers writers reasoned and reasonable solutions. His savvy handbook: speaks directly to students in lively language about what plagiarism is and how it happens presents case studies drawn from real-world events as well as student examples never talks down and invites students to think and talk about plagiarism outlines the consequences of plagiarism without resorting to fear or intimidation. Gilmore provides all the dos and don'ts students need. With his book students will: get explicit guidelines for MLA and APA citation find out how to use search engines well and document their results appropriately learn to properly summarize and paraphrase third-party material understand what is common kwledge and what isn't. Plagiarism: A How-Not-To Guide for Students goes well beyond plagiarism avoidance. It builds students' ethical awareness about what cheating is. And it leads them to understand why using their own words is important and, ultimately, more satisfying. Give your students Plagiarism: A How-Not-To Guide for Students for every paper they will write-across the years, across the content areas. Or better yet, use it alongside Barry Gilmore's teacher's guide, Plagiarism: Why It Happens How to Prevent It. Because your greatest allies in preventing academic dishonesty are well-informed students. To request this title as a Desk/Exam copy, click here. Hear a podcast where Barry Gilmore answers Carol Jago's questions about responding to and preventing plagiarism. Save 20% off the web price when you buy 5 packs of Plagiarism: A How-Not-To Guide for Students. Save 20% off the web price when you buy the Plagiarism Class Pack -25 copies of Plagiarism: A How-Not-To Guide for Students + 1 copy of the Plagiarism teacher's guide.
- Author(s)Dr Barry Gilmore
- PublisherHeinemann USA
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationPortsmouth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHeinemann Educational Books,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight204 g
- Width185 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.