Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $89.13Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- SynopsisIn a triumph of contemporary storytelling, Picoult presents a fascinating portrait of Amish life rarely witnessed by those outside the faith--and discovers a place where circumstances are not always what they seem, where love meets falsehood, and where relationships grow strong enough to span two worlds.,The discovery of a dead baby under a pile of old blankets in Aaron Fisher's barn sets off a scandal in Amish country and an investigation that could implicate Fisher's eighteen-year-old daughter.
- AuthorJodi Picoult
- Number Of Pages416 pages
- Publication Date2000-05-01
- PublisherAtria Books
- Publication Year2000
- Copyright Date2000
- Weight23.5 Oz
- Height1.2 In.
- Width6.5 In.
- Length9.6 In.
- LC Classification NumberPS3566.I372P58 2000
- Dewey Decimal813/.54
- Dewey Edition21
Most relevant reviews
- sonunmoon12 May, 2016by
Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult
Rich tale with mystery and intrigue regarding the Amish community. Really enjoyed this book!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- ahzzzcu31 Oct, 2013by
Jodi Picoult takes the Amish into the outside world to see the challenges.
This book was recommended to me for good reading material. It captures the essence of Amish life and also exposes what the good people can come against. Jodi Picoult takes real life situations and exposes both sides.
- roslynsue04 Aug, 2006by
Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult
I bought this book because I had read a couple of other Picoult novels and enjoyed them very much. I am drawn to her books because each novel is unique both in the unusual subject matter she chooses to write about and the element of suspense that makes me want to keep reading to the end. I feel that this particular novel is her best - Although different in plot from the film "Witness", which I loved, she takes you into the lives of the Amish with a twist. You come to realize that these lovely, peaceful people have much of the same desires and stresses of you and me. I highly recommend it!
- robmel7411 Sep, 2006by
Amazing Book, Highly Recommend!
This is the third Jodi Picoult book I have read, and so far the best. I just finished it tonight, and as the last reviewer indicated, the end was totally unexpected, but don't jump ahead and ruin it. I've learned more about being a parent (especially a mother), the Amish way of life, lawyers and courtrooms and so much more. This is a must read!
- vine000002 Oct, 2007by
I am really pleased with this book, as Jodi Picoult is my favorite author. I was pleased with the condition of the hard cover book, and I received it in under 2 weeks. I'm glad I decided to buy it because it is a hard book to find new, let alone used.