All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $24.47Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThe poetry and prose collected in <b>Plainwater</b> are a testament to the extraordinary imagination of Anne Carson, a writer described by Michael Ondaatje as the most exciting poet writing in English today. Succinct and astonishingly beautiful, these pieces stretch the boundaries of language and literary form, while juxtaposing classical and modern traditions. Carson envisions a present-day interview with a seventh-century BC poet, and offers miniature lectures on topics as varied as orchids and Ovid. She imagines the muse of a fifteenth-century painter attending a phemelogy conference in Italy. She constructs verbal photographs of a series of mysterious towns, and takes us on a pilgrimage in pursuit of the elusive and intimate anthropology of water. Blending the rhythm and vivid metaphor of poetry with the discursive nature of the essay, the writings in <b>Plainwater</b> dazzle us with their invention and enlighten us with their erudition.
- Author BiographyANNE CARSON was born in Canada and has been a professor of Classics for over thirty years. Her awards and honors include the Lannan Award, the Pushcart Prize, the Griffin Trust Award for Excellence in Poetry, and fellowships from the Guggenheim and MacArthur Foundations.
- Author(s)Anne Carson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication28/03/2000
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVintage Books
- Weight210 g
- Width132 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.