All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces Planctomycetes bacteria and deals in detail with their unusual structure, physiology, gemics and evolutionary significance. It is a definitive summary of recent kwledge of this important distinctive group of bacteria, microorganisms which challenge our very concept of the bacterium. Planctomycetes, and their relatives within the PVC superphylum of domain Bacteria, including verrucomicrobia and chlamydia, challenge our classical concept of the bacterium and its modes of life and provide new experimental models for exploring evolutionary cell biology and the full diversity of how living cells can be organized internally. Unique among bacteria, they include species possessing cells with intracellular membrane-bounded compartments and a peptidoglycan-less cell wall, and bacteria such as the anammox organisms performing unique anaerobic ammonium oxidation significant for global nitrogen cycle.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication20/07/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight613 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJohn A. Fuerst
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.