All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionThis invaluable book provides a comprehensive framework for the formulation and solution ofnumerous problems involving the radiation, reception, propagation, and scattering of electromagnetic and acoustic waves. Filled with original derivations and theorems, it includes the first rigorous development of plane-wave expansions for time-domain electromagnetic and acoustic fields. For the past 35 years, near-field measurement techniques have been confined to the frequency domain. Now, with the publication of this book, probe-corrected near-field measurement techniques have been extended to ultra-wide-band, short-pulse transmitting and receiving antennas and transducers. By combining unencumbered straightforward derivations with in-depth expositions of prerequisite material, the authors have created an invaluable resource for research scientists and engineers in electromagnetics and acoustics, and a definitive reference on plane-wave expansions and near-field measurements. Featured topics include: An introduction to the basic electromagnetic and acoustic field equations A rigorous development of time-domain and frequency-domain plane-wave representations The formulation of time-domain, frequency-domain, and static planar near-field measurement techniques with and without probe-correction Sampling theorems and computation schemes for time-domain and frequency-domain fields Analytic-signal formulas that simplify the formulation and analysis of transient fields Wave phemena, such as electromagnetic missiles encountered only in the time domain Definitive force and power relations for electromagnetic and acoustic fields and sources. Sponsored by: IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society.
- Author BiographyAbout the Authors... Thorkild B. Hansen has worked for the past 10 years on research problems in electromagnetics and acoustics. Within high-frequency diffraction theory, he has developed methods for calculating scattering from corners, narrow grooves, and shadow boundaries. Dr. Hansen has also formulated planar and spherical near-field scanning techniques in the time domain, and derived exact beam representations that are alternatives to the classical multipole expansions. His recent work includes forward and inverse scattering problems for ground-penetrating and subsurface radars. Arthur D. Yaghjian s research at the National Institute of Standards and Technology, at the Air Force Research Laboratory, and most recently as an independent consultant in electromagnetics, has led to the development of exact, numerical, and high-frequency methods for predicting and measuring the near and far fields of antennas and scatterers. He has contributed to the determination of electromagnetic fields in continuous media and to the formulation of classical equations of motion of charged particles.
- Author(s)Arthur D. Yaghjian,Thorkild B. Hansen
- Date of Publication27/05/1999
- Series TitleIEEE Press Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory
- Place of PublicationPiscataway NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIEEE Publications,U.S.
- Content Notereferences
- Weight956 g
- Width188 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.