All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe original edition of Planks of Reason was the first academic critical anthology on horror. In retrospect, it appeared as a kind of homage to the golden age of the American horror film, as this genre played an increasing role in film culture and American life. This revised edition retains the spirit of the original, but also offers new takes on rediscovered classics and recent developments in the genre.
- Author BiographyBarry Keith Grant is professor of film studies and popular culture at Brock University in Ontario, Canada. He is the author of Voyages of Discovery: The Cinema of Frederick Wiseman, and editor of several books on film. Christopher Sharrett is Professor of Communication at Seton Hall University. His work has appeared in Cineaste, Kino Eye, Journal of Popular Film and Television, Film Quarterly, Persistence of Vision, and numerous anthologies.
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication24/09/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight490 g
- Width184 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byBarry Keith Grant,Christopher Sharrett
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.