All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionIf you want to build a model railway but feel constricted and frustrated because you only have a very limited amount of space available, then this is the book for you. The author demonstrates that a railway modeller need never be 'stuck for space', and shows the reader how to design and construct a rewarding layout in even the smallest of spaces. He emphasizes that once you have found a home for your layout, be it in a garden shed, a spare room, a bookcase or even the top of an ironing board, the same guiding principles apply. These are all fully explained in a very practical way and include the basic layout shapes, the importance of scale, standard and narrow gauges, fiddle yards, train length, curves and turuts as well as track design elements such as head shunts, kickback sidings and run-round loops.
- Author BiographyRichard Bardsley is an experienced small-layout builder in N gauge and 00 gauge, and several of his model railways have been exhibited at shows. He has written over fifty articles in the model railway press, many of which have dealt with designing and planning small-space layouts. For over twelve years Richard has been the editor of the bimonthly N Gauge Society Journal, as well as being a member of the Society's management committee. He demonstrates and promotes N gauge model railways at shows and also designs and produces his nown N gauge wagons kits.
- Author(s)Richard Bardsley
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication08/01/2013
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationRamsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Content Note131 colour photographs
- Weight450 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.