All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with the formation of the post-Second World War reconstruction and planning machinery in Great Britain, the re-planning efforts undertaken in post-war London, and in particular the redevelopment programme regarding its central area in the form of the comprehensive development projects. Originating from a PhD Thesis, the book recreates the atmosphere following step by step arguments and events at various political, socio-ecomic and technical levels. It also contributes to the understanding of succeeding developments in terms of planning theory and practice. The book is structured into three parts. The first one explores the administrative and statutory developments in town planning matters during the period 1940-59. The second part deals with the plans proposed for London as a whole from independent and official organisations mainly during the 1940s. Finally, the third part examines the proposed projects for the rebuilding of the City of London and for special areas of Central London that suffered from bombing on both sides of the Thames.
- Author BiographyEmmanuel Marmaras is Professor at the Economic University of Athens, Greece where he teaches post-graduate courses in the programme 'Statistic Methods in Real Estate': Geography of Housing and Urban Planning. He has acted as head of the department of architecture at the Technical University of Crete, Chania, Greece from 2010 to 2012. His main research interests are town planning, urban development, urban history, urban geography, preservation of historic urban environment, interwar planning and architecture, cycladic settlements, and residential tourism.
- Author(s)Emmanuel V. Marmaras
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication17/09/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleSpringer Geography
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 5 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight537 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.