All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionPlanning Research in Hospitality and Tourism provides an accessible, concise and practical guide to planning, conducting and analysing research in tourism and hospitality. The authors skilfully introduce the basic principles and techniques of research in the international hospitality and tourism sectors, and provide detailed guidance on both quantitative and qualitative methods of research. It includes a variety of features throughout to aid students' understanding and offers practical tips to help students overcome any potential research issues. Building on the success of the first edition, the volume has been fully revised and updated, and contains new chapters on mixed methods and how to make best use of recent techlogy in research practices. The second edition also benefits from: * increased coverage of research design strategies including sampling, ethgraphy and experimental design * inclusion of computer-mediated data collection techniques, such as online interviews, online focus groups and online observation (netgraphic research) * new and updated international case studies and extracts, with a more even spread of tourism and hospitality examples of research * online student and lecturer resources, including PowerPoint slides and a test bank of multiple choice and true/false questions for each chapter. Written by three leading scholars with experience of both the industry and university courses globally, this insightful text is an essential resource for all tourism and hospitality research students and early career research professionals around the world.
- Author BiographyLevent Altinay is Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship and Research Area Leader for Oxford School of Hospitality Management at Oxford Brookes University, UK. His research interests are in the areas of entrepreneurship, strategic alliances and international business. His work has been published in Journal of Business Research, International Small Business Journal, Journal of Small Business Management, Journal of Services Marketing, The Service Industries Journal, Annals of Tourism Research and Tourism Management. He sits on the editorial boards of more than twelve journals. Alexandros Paraskevas is Professor of Strategic Risk Management and Chair in Hospitality Management at London School of Hospitality and Tourism, University of West London, UK. SooCheong (Shawn) Jang is Professor in the School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Purdue University, USA. His research interests are twofold: hospitality finance/strategic management and hospitality/tourism marketing. Dr. Jang has more than 160 articles in refereed academic journals and has received numerous research and teaching accolades.
- Author(s)Alexandros Paraskevas,Levent Altinay,SooCheong (Shawn) Jang
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/10/2015
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note39 colour illustrations, 20 black & white tables, 28 colour illustrations, 11 colour line drawings
- Weight725 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.