All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionSmall and mid-sized suburban towns house two-thirds of the world's population and current modes of planning for these municipalities are facing challenges of both philosophy and form. Common approaches that have prevailed in past decades longer sustain new demands and require invative thinking. Rather than dismissing small and mid-sized towns as unattractive suburban sprawl, Planning Small and Mid-Sized Towns offers ideas and methods on how small isolated and edge towns can be designed and retooled into sustainable, affordable and adaptable communities. Coverage includes: * the evolution of small towns * mobility and connectivity * neighborhood and sustainable dwelling design * town centers and urban renewal * ecomic sustainability and wealth generation, and more. With numerous case studies from North America and Europe and over 150 color photographs, maps, and illustrations, Planning Small and Mid-Sized Towns is a valuable, practical resource for professional planners and urban designers, as well as students in these disciplines.
- Author(s)Avi Friedman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/06/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note50 colour illustrations, 75 colour illustrations, 100 black & white line drawings
- Weight680 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.