All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn an era of expanded responsibility and constricted funding, museum personnel often need strong practical guidance on the best practices for building projects. The authors of Planning Successful Museum Building Projects discuss the reasons for undertaking building projects (new construction, revation, expansion), the roles and responsibilities of key players, the importance of a strong vision, and the best methods for selecting architects and construction firms. They also offer in-depth information about budgeting and finance, feasibility studies, capital campaigns, marketing, and communications, as well as advice on how to live through the disorienting process of construction, manage post-opening needs, and evaluate the project's success over time. Planning Successful Museum Building Projects provides all the tools for successfully managing projects from predesign through opening and beyond.
- Author BiographyWalter L. Crimm is a planner and architect with thirty years of experience; he directs the Cultural Design Group at Ewing Cole in Philadelphia. Martha Morris is associate professor of museum studies at The George Washington University. She has served as program chair of the Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums' Building Museums symposium since its inception. L. Carole Wharton is the former president of the Society for College and University Planning and has extensive background in facilities planning and construction, budgeting, finance, and strategic planning.
- Author(s)Carole L. Wharton,Martha Morris,Walter L. Crimm
- PublisherAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication16/02/2009
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAltaMira Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight490 g
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Other
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $42.98
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $39.25
- AU $41.77Trending at AU $43.22
- AU $34.10Trending at AU $36.46
- AU $27.39Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.