All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.61
About this product
- DescriptionAs global warming advances, regions around the world are engaging in revolutionary sustainability planning - but with social equity as an afterthought. California is at the cutting edge of this movement, t only because its regulations actively reduce greenhouse gas emissions, but also because its pioneering environmental regulation, market invation, and Left Coast politics show how to blend the three Es of sustainability--environment, ecomy, and equity. Planning Sustainable Cities and Regions is the first book to explain what this grand experiment tells us about the most just path moving forward for cities and regions across the globe. The book offers chapters about neighbourhoods, the ecomy, and poverty, using stories from practice to help solve puzzles posed by academic research. Based on the most recent demographic and ecomic trends, it overturns conventional ideas about how to build more livable places and vibrant ecomies that offer opportunity to all. This thought-provoking book provides a framework to deal with the new inequities created by the movement for more livable - and expensive - cities, so that our best plans for sustainability are promoting more equitable development as well. This book will appeal to students of urban studies, urban planning and sustainability as well as policymakers, planning practitioners, and sustainability advocates around the world.
- Author BiographyKaren Chapple is Professor of City and Regional Planning at the University of California, Berkeley, USA and serves as Interim Director of the Institute for Urban and Regional Development.
- Author(s)Karen Chapple
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/09/2014
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Equity, Justice and the Sustainable City Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note41 black & white illustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.