All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis major comparative text on urban planning, and the global and regional context in which it takes place, examines what have been traditionally regarded as 'world cities' (New York, London, Tokyo) and also a range of other important cities in America, Europe and Asia. The authors show the role planning has played in the way cities have responded to the forces of globalization, and argue for the importance of diverse - rather than one-size-fits-all - planning practices. This fully revised second edition systematically brings the debates on the impact of globalization right up to date and provides integrated coverage of the latest planning theory and practice. It also contains extended analysis of the implications of the rapid growth of Chinese cities such as Shanghai, Hong Kong and Beijing. New material is included on the impact of globalization on poorer mega-cities like Mumbai and Johannesburg.
- Author BiographyPETER NEWMAN is Professor of Comparative Urban Planning, University of Westminster, UK. ANDY THORNLEY is Emeritus Professor of Urban Planning, London School of Economics and Political Science, UK.
- Author(s)Dr. Andy Thornley,Peter Newman
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/06/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitlePlanning, Environment, Cities
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2004
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight533 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.