Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $214.21Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.40Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionTimely, authoritative, extremely practical - an exhaustive guide to the ntheoretical aspects of bridge planning and design This book addresses virtually all practical problems associated with the planning and design of steel and concrete bridge superstructures and substructures. Drawing on its author's nearly half--century as a bridge designer and engineer, it offers in--depth coverage of such crucial considerations as selecting the optimum location and layout, traffic flow, aesthetics, design, analysis, construction, current codes and government regulations, maintenance and rehabilitation, and much more. * Offers in--depth coverage of all the steps involved in performing proper planning and design with comparative analyses of alternative solutions* Includes numerous examples and case studies of existing bridges and important projects underway around the world* Features a time--line history of bridge building from pre--Roman times to the present* Summarizes key technical data essential to bridge engineering* Supplemented with 200 line drawings and photos vividly illustrating all concepts presented* Comprehensive coverage of CAD planning, design, and analysis techniques and techlogies
- Author BiographyAbout the author M. S. TROITSKY, PhD, has had extensive practical experience as a bridge engineer, designer, and consultant. After earning his doctorate in structural engineering from the University of Belgrade in 1943, he worked for twelve years as chief bridge engineer for the Foundation Company of Canada. There, he was responsible for the design and construction monitoring of nine major steel bridges, including arch, plate girder, suspension, truss, and cable--stayed bridges. He has also done consulting to private firms on structural problems, worked on the design of one cable--stayed bridge, and served as a primary designer on a two--span truss bridge reinforced by cables. Currently, Dr. Troitsky is Professor Emeritus of Civil Engineering at Concordia University in Montreal. He has also taught at the University of Montreal and McGill University, and at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Author(s)M.S. Troitsky
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication31/10/1994
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width161 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.