All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a companion volume to Seismic Stabilization of Historic Adode Structures: Final Report of the Getty Seismic Adode Project , and it offers guidance for planners, architects and engineers in the retrofitting of historic and culturally significant adode structures. The text consists of two parts: a planning guide , which outlines the fundamental conservation principles and preparatory steps in the design of a plan, and an engineering guide , which describes the types of earthquake damage typically encountered in historic adode buildings and presents detailed technical procedures for applying the appropriate retrofit measures. The book also includes a directory of pertinent government agencies, possible funding sources, an abstract of the California seismic safety code, an article describing historic adobe and excerpts from the Secretary of the Interiors Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties.
- Author BiographyE. Leroy Tolles is a structural engineer with ELT & Associates and was principal investigator for the Getty Seismic Adobe Project (GSAP). Edna E Kimbro is an architectural conservator and historian specializing in the preservation of Hispanic-era buildings and material culture. William S. Ginell is a senior scientist at the Getty Conservation Institute and was project director of GSAP.
- Author(s)E.Leroy Tolles,Edna E. Kimbro,William S. Ginell
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ. Paul Getty Museum
- Content Note100 b&w illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.