All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionMaximizing reader insights into the challenges facing maritime supply chains and container port logistics service providers in Asia, this book highlights their invative responses to these challenges through real-world case studies. With a focus on mathematical modeling, simulation and heuristics approaches, this book provides academics, engineers, container terminal operators, students in logistics and supply chain management with the latest approaches that can be used to address the planning and scheduling problem in large container terminal yards. This book can be used on a self-contained basis as teaching cases in an undergraduate or specialist class setting, or on techniques applied to maritime container operations for port operations.
- Author BiographyDr. Wenkai Li is currently an assistant professor at International University of Japan, Japan teaching Operations Management, Supply Chain Management and Applied Statistics. He has held appointments as research fellows at National University of Singapore, the Logistics Institute-Asia Pacific and Monash University, Australia. Dr. Li has also acted as a consultant to organizations such as PSA Corp., Singapore, Emerson Singapore, DFS Singapore, Sinopec Group, China, PetroChina, China, etc. Dr. Li has been working and published extensively on areas such as maritime terminal, retailer, refinery, airlines, etc. Dr. Yong Wu is currently a lecturer at the Department of International Business and Asian Studies, Griffith University, Australia. He obtained his Ph.D. degree from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and his Master's degree from Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China. He teaches in the area of logistics and supply network management and his research interests include supply network modelling and simulation, logistical operations research and global optimization and computational intelligence for problems in logistics and supply network management and other related areas. He is a member of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS). Prof. Mark Goh is an associate professor at NUS Business School and the Director (Industry Research) at the Logistics Institute-Asia Pacific. He has held appointments as a visiting Professor in Business Logistics Strategy at Chulalongkorn University, Commonwealth Fellow to the UK, Citibank International Fellow to the US, visiting research fellow at UMIST, visiting scholar at Beijing University, visiting professor at Melbourne University, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Sun Yat-Sen University, Kaohsiung, King Mongkut University of Technology Thonburi, and professor at the University of South Australia. He is currently on the editorial boards of several leading journals. His current research interest is on buyer-seller relationships, performance measurement and supply chain strategy, with over 280 technical papers in internationally refereed journals and conferences.
- Author(s)Mark Goh,Wenkai Li,Yong Wu
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication08/04/2015
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note15 black & white illustrations, 24 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight352 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.