All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis extensively revised and updated fourth edition of Planning in the USA continues to provide a comprehensive introduction to the policies, theory and practice of planning. Outlining land use, urban planning, and environmental protection policies, this fully illustrated book explains the nature of the planning process and the way in which policy issues are identified, defined, and approached. This full colour edition incorporates new planning legislation and regulations at the state and federal layers of government, updated discussion on current ecomic issues, and examples of local ordinances in a variety of planning areas. Key updates include: * a new chapter on planning and sustainability; * a new discussion on the role of foundations and giving to communities; * a discussion regarding the aftermath of Katrina in New Orleans; * a discussion on deindustrialization and shrinking cities; * a discussion on digital billboards; * a discussion on recent comprehensive planning efforts; * a discussion on land banking; * a discussion unfunded mandates; * a discussion on community character; * a companion website with multiple choice and fill the blank questions, and 'test yourself' glossary terms. This book gives a detailed account of urbanization in the United States and reveals the problematic nature and limitations of the planning process, the fallibility of experts, and the difficulties facing policy-makers in their search for solutions. Planning in the USA is an essential book for students, planners and all who are concerned with the nature of contemporary urban and environmental problems.
- Author BiographyProfessor Barry Cullingworth was Emeritus Professor of Urban Affairs and Public Policy at the University of Delaware, and held posts at the University of Manchester, Durham, Glasgow, Birmingham, Toronto, and Cambridge. Dr. Roger W. Caves is a Professor of City Planning and Director of the Graduate City Planning Program at San Diego State University (SDSU).
- Author(s)J. Barry Cullingworth,Roger Caves
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/12/2013
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note58 black & white illustrations, 46 black & white halftones, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight1428 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.