All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by an experienced teacher and literacy consultant, Planning to Teach Writing offers an easy-to-use, tried-and-tested framework that will reduce teachers' planning time while raising standards in writing. Using the circles planning approach, it provides fresh inspiration for teachers who want to engage and enthuse their pupils, with exciting and varied hooks into writing, including picture books, short stories, vels and films. Exploring effective assessment practice, each chapter puts the needs and interests of pupils at the forefront of planning, and models how to design units of work that will lead to high-quality writing outcomes in any primary school classroom. The book uses a simple formula for success: 1 Find the gaps in learning for your students. 2 Choose a hook that you kw will engage your students. 3 Select a unit plan that you kw will support you to get the best writing out of your students. 4 Tailor it. 5 Teach it! With a fantastic range of hooks to inspire teaching and learning, Planning to Teach Writing ensures successful planning that will maximise engagement, enjoyment and achievement. This book is an accessible and necessary resource for any teacher planning to teach writing in their classroom.
- Author BiographyEmma Caulfield is an independent literacy consultant and teacher. She works in a variety of settings supporting schools to improve attainment and achievement in reading and writing; working alongside literacy leaders developing their strategic approaches, through to NQTs bedding in their practice and developing their subject knowledge.
- Author(s)Emma Caulfield
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note12 black & white tables, 202 black & white line drawings
- Weight684 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.