All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionA great fascination for biologists, the study of embryo development provides indispensable information concerning the origins of the various forms and structures that make up an organism, and our ever-increasing kwledge gained through the study of plant embryology promises to lead to the development of numerous useful applications. In Plant Embryo Culture: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers from the field provide a ready source of information for culturing zygotic embryos for different types of studies, both theoretical and practical. The book's main sections examine a wide range of related topics, including the culture of zygotic embryos for developmental studies, the application of embryo culture techniques focusing on embryo rescue methods, cryopreservation of zygotic embryos, the use of zygotic embryos as explants for somatic embryogenesis and orgagenesis, as well as transformation protocols using zygotic embryos as starting material. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, the detailed chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and vital tes on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and convenient, Plant Embryo Culture: Methods and Protocols serves as a key reference that can be used by scientists of all backgrounds to help develop their own customized methods for many different species and for a variety of purposes.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication07/01/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 710
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note32 black & white tables, biography
- Weight922 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byEdward C. Yeung,Trevor A. Thorpe
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2011
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.