All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes a DVD Containing All Figures and Supplemental Images in PowerPoint This new edition of Plant Propagation Concepts and Laboratory Exercises presents a robust view of modern plant propagation practices such as vegetable grafting and micropropagation. Along with foundation kwledge in anatomy and plant physiology, the book takes a look into the future and how cutting edge research may impact plant propagation practices. The book emphasizes the principles of plant propagation applied in both temperate and tropical environments. In addition to presenting the fundamentals, the book features protocols and practices that students can apply in both laboratory and field experiences. The book shows readers how to choose the best methods for plant propagation including proper media and containers as well as performing techniques such as budding, cutting, layering, grafting, and cloning. It also discusses how to recognize and cope with various propagation challenges. Also included are concept chapters highlighting key information, laboratory exercises, anticipated laboratory results, stimulating questions, and a DVD containing all the figures in the book as well as some supplemental images.
- Author BiographyCaula A. Beyl is the dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources at the University of Tennessee. She obtained a master's degree in horticulture and a PhD in the area of stress physiology from Purdue University. In more than 34 years as a researcher, teacher, and administrator, she has served as a principal investigator or co-investigator on 42 funded research projects in various areas of horticulture, stress physiology, and space biology. Dr. Beyl has been elected as a fellow in the American Society for Horticultural Science and also received the School of Agriculture Outstanding Researcher award at Alabama A&M University. In 2008, she received the Outstanding College of Agriculture Alumna award from Purdue University. Robert N. Trigiano is a professor at the Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology at the University of Tennessee. He received a master's degree in biology from Pennsylvania State University and a PhD in botany and plant pathology from North Carolina State University at Raleigh. Dr. Trigiano is a member of the American Phytopathological Society and the American Society for Horticultural Science. He was elected Fellow of the American Society of Horticultural Science and has published more than 200 research papers, book chapters, patents, and popular press articles.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note340 colour illustrations, 149 black & white tables
- Weight1519 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byCaula A. Beyl,Robert N. Trigiano
- Contained items statementContains Book and DVD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.