All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGreat progress has been made in the plant sciences since the last edition of this book was published. Advancements brought about by the sequencing of whole genomes of model organisms and the development of 'omics' techniques-genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics-has affected root research as much as all other fields of biology. The content of this book reflects this transformation of methodologies and manners of biological studies from the ecological to the cellular and beyond. The contributors present a broad range of topics related to root biology and include not only clear summations of their topics but also their vision of what is expected in the years to come.
- Author BiographyAmram Eshel was born and raised in Israel. He received his degrees from Tel Aviv University, where he was a member of the academic staff from 1980 until his retirement in 2012. During this time, he held short visiting appointments at Ohio Agricultural Research Center in Wooster, Ohio; Michigan State University; The Pennsylvania State University; CNRS at Gif-Sur-Yvette; and University of Western Australia. His main research interests are in the area of plant physiological ecology, especially as related to mineral nutrition and water relations. He is the manager of the Sarah Racine Root Research Laboratory at Tel Aviv University. Tom Beeckman studied botany at Ghent University in Belgium and, after performing postdoctoral research at the Molecular Genetics Department, became group leader of the Root Development Group at the Flanders Institute of Biotechnology (VIB) in 2001. In 2007, he became a professor at Ghent University, teaching plant developmental biology. He has devoted a considerable part of his research to understanding how cell division is integrated into plant developmental processes, especially during the branching of roots.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note246 black & white illustrations, 34 black & white tables
- Weight2290 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byAmram Eshel,Tom Beeckman
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.