Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume is envisioned as a resource for researchers working with beneficial and harmful groups of bacteria associated with crop plants. The book is divided into two parts, with Part I on beneficial bacteria including chapters on symbiotic nitrogen fixers and rhizosphere bacteria. The second part consists of detailed descriptions of 8 genera of plant pathogenic bacteria, including Agrobacterium and Herbaspirillum. Each chapter covers termilogy, molecular phylogeny and more. soft-rot, Pseudomonas, Xanthomonas, Ralstonia, Burkholderia and Acidovorax There is an opening chapter on the plant-associated bacteria survey, molecular phylogeny, gemics and recent advances. And each chapter includes termilogy/definitions, molecular phylogeny, methods that can be used (both traditional and latest molecular tools) and applications
- Author BiographyThe Editor, Sam Gnanamanickam, is a plant pathologist and a rice biotechnologist. He obtained his Ph.D degree in plant pathology from the University of Hawaii in 1976. On his return to India he took up a lecturer's position in plant pathology at the Centre for Advanced Studies in Botany of the University of Madras, India in 1978 and has moved up as Reader and Professor in the same Department. He has had postdoctoral training at Agriculture Canada (1980-82) and was a Visiting Scientist at the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), Los Banos, Philippines during 1987-89. He was associated with the International Rice Biotechnology net-work program supported by the Rockefeller Foundation for 10 years (1990-2000) which helped him to develop collaborative research with several advanced laboratories on molecular breeding of rice and biological control of rice diseases. He was accepted as an Adjunct Professor of Plant Pathology at the University of Arizona in 2004 and was elected as a Fellow of the National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, New Delhi in 2005. His earlier book on Biological Control of Crop Diseases was published by Marcel Dekker, NY, 2002.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/05/2006
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1194 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine39 mm
- Edited bySamuel S. Gnanamanickam
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.