All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<i>Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness with Children</i> is the fruit of decades of development and invation in the Plum Village community's collective practice with children. Based on Thich Nhat Hanh's thirty years of teaching mindfulness and compassion to parents, teachers, and children, the book and enclosed CD cover a wide range of contemplative and fun activities parents and educators can do with their children or students. The activities are designed to help relieve stress, increase concentration, urish gratitude and confidence, deal with difficult emotions, touch our interconnection with nature, and improve communication. <i>Planting Seeds</i> offers insight, concrete activities, and curricula that parents and educators can apply in school settings, in their local communities or at home, in a way that is meaningful and inviting to children. The key practices presented include mindful breathing and walking, inviting the bell, pebble meditation, the Two Promises or ethical guidelines for children, children's versions of <i>Touching the Earth</i> and <i>Deep Relaxation</i>, eating meditation and dealing with conflict and strong emotions. Also included, are the lyrics to the songs on the enclosed CD that summarize and highlight the key teachings, as well as a chapter on dealing effectively with conflict in the classroom or difficult group dynamics, based on a conference with Thich Nhat Hanh, teachers and students. The accompanying CD has inspiring recordings of all the songs in the book as well as a guided pebble meditation, total relaxation, and children's touching the earth. Beautiful, color illustrations by Wietske Vriezen Illustrator of Mindful Movements (ISBN-13: 978-1-888375-79-4) accompany the various practices. Any adult wishing to plant seeds of peace, relaxation, and awareness in children will find this book and CD helpful. It is full of wisdom on how to simply be with children and urish their compassion for themselves and others. Illustrated by Wietske Vriezen Illustrator of <i>Mindful Movements</i> (<i>Mindful Movements Ten Exercise for Well Being</i>, ISBN-13: 978-1-888375-79-4). Includes 1 audio CD.
- Author BiographyThich Nhat Hanh is one of the most revered Zen teachers in the world today. His best-selling books include <i>Happiness</i> and <i>Peace Is Every Step</i>. His previous books for children include, <i>A Pebble for Your Pocket</i>, <i>The Coconut Monk</i>, and <i>The Hermit and the Well</i>. He lives in Plum Village in southwest France, where he teaches the art of mindful living. Wietske Vriezenwas born in Wassenaar, The Netherlands. She met Thich Nhat Hanh during a retreat in Holland in 2000 and was touched deeply by the practice. Since then, she has illustrated a number of books based on the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, most recently <i>Mindful Movements</i> and <i>A Basket of Plums</i>. She lives in Rotterdam, The Netherlands where she works as a psychologist with gifted children.
- Author(s)Plum Village Community,Thich Nhat Hanh
- PublisherParallax Press
- Date of Publication13/05/2011
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParallax Press
- Content NoteFour Colour throughout
- Weight680 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Wietske Vriezen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.76
- AU $15.64Trending at AU $18.73
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.11
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.59
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.82
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $46.93
- AU $24.80Trending at AU $28.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.