All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionConservation and sustainable productivity are vital issues for Australia. In order to manage vegetation well from an agricultural, recreational or conservation point of view, an understanding of individual plant species is important. Plants of Central Queensland provides a guide for identifying and understanding the plants of the region so that pastoralists and others can be better equipped to manage the vegetation resource of our grazing lands. Central Queensland straddles the Tropic of Capricorn, although many of the plants in the book will also be found outside this area, as shown by their distribution maps. The book provides information on the habit, distribution, foliage and fruits of 525 plant species. Informative tes highlighting declared, poisous, weed and medicinal plants are included, and plants useful for bees and bush tucker are also ted. These are the most important plants you might see if you live in or travel through central Queensland. This book has an easy-to-read, n-botanical format, with helpful photographs and distribution maps that greatly aid anyone interested in the vegetation of central Queensland. It is based on a previous work of the same title but is greatly expanded, incorporating information on an additional 285 plant species.
- Author BiographyEric Anderson was a research scientist for more than 30 years with the Queensland Department of Primary Industries, where his work focussed on habitat evaluation and monitoring the impacts of grazing in central Queensland, Australia. He has a deep understanding of the natural history of the region and now spends his retirement sharing his interest and knowledge with those who can gain benefit from it.
- Author(s)Eric Anderson
- PublisherCSIRO Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2016
- ImprintCSIRO Publishing
- Content Note522 colour photographs, 281 maps
- Weight822 g
- Width200 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.