All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis problems supplement to plasma physics textbooks covers plasma theory for both science and techlogy. Written by a rewned plasma scientist, experienced book author and skilled teacher, it treats all aspects of plasma theory in fewer than 520 very detailed worked-out problems. With this systematic collection the reader will gain a sound understanding of plasma physics in all fields, from fusion and astrophysics to surface treatment. The book also includes the transport of particles as well as radiation in plasmas, and while designed for graduate students and young researchers, it can equally serve as a reference.
- Author BiographyBoris M. Smirnov received his PhD in physics from Leningrad State University in 1968. After working in different research positions, he finally accepted a post as head of one of the divisions of the Institute for High Temperatures at the Russian Academy of Sciences in Moscow in 1986. Professor Smirnov is the author and co-author of approximately 30 books, among them Physics of Ionized Gases , published in 2001, and Principles of Statistical Physics published in 2006 by Wiley-VCH, as well as 300 research articles in plasma physics, atomic physics, and atomic clusters. He is Vice Chairman of the National Council for Low Temperature Plasma and Chairman of a Section on Elementary Processes in Plasma. Professor Smirnov's research interests focus on Plasma Physics and Technology, Cluster Physics, Fractal Systems and Nanostructures.
- Author(s)Boris M. Smirnov
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication23/02/2007
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1106 g
- Width171 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.