Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe idea for this book originated with the late Igor Vasil 'evich Kurchatov. He suggested to the author the need for a comprehen sive presentation of the fundamental ideas of plasma physics with out c'omplicated mathematics. This task has t been an easy one. In order to clarify the physical nature of plasma phemena with out recourse to intricate mathematical expressions it is neces sary to think problems through very carefully. Thus, the book did t come into being by inspiration, but required a considerable ef fort. The aim of the book is to provide a beginning reader with an elementary kwledge of plasma physics. The book is primar ily written for engineers and technicians; however, we have also tried to make it intelligible to the reader whose kwledge ofphys ics is at the advanced-freshman level. To understand the book it is also necessary to have a working kwledge of electricity and magnetism of the kind available in present-: day programs in junior colleges. This book is t intended for light reading. It is designed for the reader for whom plasma physics will be a continuing in terest. We have confidence that such a reader will want to broad en his kwledge by consulting more specialized literature. Thus, we t only include simple expressions but also special important terms.
- Author(s)D Frank-Kamenetskii
- Date of Publication26/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.