All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlastic built the modern world. Where would we be without bike helmets, toothbrushes, babies bottles and pacemakers? But a century into our love affair with plastic, we're starting to realise it's t such a healthy relationship. Plastics draw on dwindling fossil fuels, leach harmful chemicals, litter landscapes, and destroy marine life. As journalist Susan Freinkel points out in this engaging and eye-opening book, we're nearing a crisis point. We've produced as much plastic in the past decade as we did in the entire twentieth century. We're drowning in the stuff, and we need to start making some hard choices. Freinkel gives us the tools we need, with a blend of lively anecdotes and analysis. She combs through scientific studies and ecomic data, reporting from China, the US and Australia to assess the real impact of plastic on our lives. Plastic: A Toxic Love Story is told through eight familiar plastic objects: comb, chair, Frisbee, IV drip bag, disposable lighter, grocery bag, soft-drink bottle and credit card. Freinkel's conclusion: we cant stay on our plastic-paved path. And we don't have to. Plastic points the way toward a new creative partnership with the material we love to hate but can't seem to live without.
- Author BiographySusan Freinkel is the author of American Chestnut.
- Author(s)Susan Freinkel
- PublisherText Publishing Co
- Date of Publication02/05/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintThe Text Publishing Company
- Weight444 g
- Width153 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.