Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionPlatelets - winner of a 2013 Highly Commended BMA Medical Book Award for Internal Medicine - is the definitive current source of state-of-the-art kwledge about platelets and covers the entire field of platelet biology, pathophysiology, and clinical medicine. Recently there has been a rapid expansion of kwledge in both basic biology and the clinical approach to platelet-related diseases including thrombosis and hemorrhage. Novel platelet function tests, drugs, blood bank storage methods, and gene therapies have been incorporated into patient care or are in development. This book draws all this information into a single, comprehensive and authoritative resource.
- Author BiographyDr. Alan D. Michelson is Professor of Pediatrics and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts. He is also the Director of the Center for Platelet Research Studies and the Director of the Thrombosis Program and Anticoagulation Service at Children's Hospital Boston. After receiving his medical degree with honors from the University of Adelaide, Australia in 1974, Dr. Michelson continued his medical and research training on a Fulbright Scholarship at Children's Hospital Boston, Brigham and Women's Hospital, and Harvard Medical School. He has been the principal investigator on approximately 100 research grants and has published over 400 original research articles, original research abstracts, and invited reviews. Dr. Michelson has been an invited speaker at over 180 major medical conferences worldwide and has been an invited participant at numerous national and international consensus conferences and workshops, including Antithrombotic and Thrombolytic Therapy: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines. He is the inventor on two U.S. patents.
- PrizesWinner of BMA Medical Book Award 2013: Internal Medicine - Highly Commended 2013.
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication10/12/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteApproximately 350 full-color illustrations; Illustrations, unspecified
- Weight3700 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Edited byAlan D. Michelson
- Edition Statement3rd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.