All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $105.10Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionIt is commonly kwn that Nietzsche is one of Plato's primary philosophical antagonists, yet there is full-length treatment in English of their ideas in dialogue and debate. Plato and Nietzsche is an advanced introduction to these two thinkers, with original insights and arguments interspersed throughout the text. Through a rigorous exploration of their ideas on art, metaphysics, ethics, and the nature of philosophy, and by explaining and analyzing each man's distinctive approach, Mark Anderson demonstrates the many and varied ways they play off against one ather. This book provides the background necessary to understanding the principle matters at issue between these two philosophers and to developing an awareness that Nietzsche's engagement with Plato is deeper and more nuanced than it is often presented as being.
- Author BiographyMark Anderson is Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Philosophy and Director of Classics at Belmont University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA. He is the author of Pure: Modernity, Philosophy, and the One (2009) and translator of selections from Plato's myths in Gods, Heroes, and Monsters: A Sourcebook of Greek, Roman, and Near Eastern Myths in Translation, edited by Carolina Lopez-Ruiz (2013).
- Author(s)Mark Anderson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication09/02/2017
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Weight386 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.