All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.07Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.77
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.67
- AU $23.78Trending at AU $26.94
About this product
- DescriptionReaders of Plato have often neglected the Laws because of its length and density. In this set of interpretive essays, table scholars of the Laws from the fields of classics, history, philosophy, and political science offer a collective close reading of the dialogue book by book and reflect on the work as a whole. In their introduction, editors Gregory Recco and Eric Sanday explore the connections among the essays and the dramatic and productive exchanges between the contributors. This volume fills a major gap in studies on Plato's dialogues by addressing the cultural and historical context of the Laws and highlighting their importance to contemporary scholarship.
- Author BiographyGregory Recco is a tutor at St. John's College in Annapolis. Eric Sanday is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Kentucky.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2012
- Series TitleStudies in Continental Thought
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byEric Sanday,Gregory Recco
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.