All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.58
- AU $102.00Trending at AU $107.77
- AU $28.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $42.99Trending at AU $55.31
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.63
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $51.81
- AU $42.74Trending at AU $50.33
About this product
- DescriptionPlato is perhaps the most significant philosopher who has ever lived, and The Republic is widely regarded as his most famous dialogue. Its discussion of the perfect city - and the perfect mind - laid the foundations for Western culture. In Plato's Republic , Simon Blackburn explains the judicial, moral, and political ideas in The Republic and shows why Western thought is still conditioned by this most important of books.
- Author BiographySimon Blackburn is a professor of philosophy at the University of Cambridge and the author of Think: A Compelling Introduction to Philosophy. Simon Vance, a former BBC Radio presenter and newsreader, is a full-time actor who has appeared on both stage and television. He has recorded over eight hundred audiobooks and has earned five coveted Audie Awards, and he has won fifty-seven Earphones Awards from AudioFile magazine, which has named him a Golden Voice.
- Author(s)Simon Blackburn
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2007
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Series TitleBooks That Changed the World
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 4
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Simon Vance
- Contained items statement4 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time270
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.