CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis translation of Plato's Sophist conveys the peculiar nature of the doctrines expressed in the Greek text, and it includes an introduction that attempts - without recourse to contemporary technical philosophical ideas - to explain these doctrines from the perspective of how Plato's philosophy was understood by Aristotle and the ancient Platonists. For this reason the book is especially suitable for use in undergraduate courses on Plato and in introductory courses on the history of ancient philosophy.
- Author BiographyThe Translator: James Duerlinger is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Iowa. His areas of specialization are Greek philosophy, Buddhist philosophy, and philosophy of religion.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- Series TitleNew Perspectives in Philosophical Scholarship Texts and Issues
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight370 g
- Edited byJames Duerlinger
- Translated byJames Duerlinger
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.