Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume furthers discourse and understanding about the complex phemen we kw as play. As with volume one, Diversions and Divergences in Fields of Play, Reifel's purpose is to provide a forum for new thinking about play in humans and animals ...across various cultural, social, and activity settings (1998, p. xi). Necessarily, this effort cuts across various disciplines, including biology, anthropology, history, psychology, education, leisure studies, sociology, and any field in which play theories contribute. Play Contexts Revisited is comprised of sixteen contributions organized in five sections. Each section flushes out specific types of play, such as Stories of Adult's Play. Comparative contributions focus on play of other cultures and even other species. Volume two of Play & Culture Studies enriches the series with invative articles about the many aspects and examples of play.
- Author BiographySTUART REIFEL is Professor at The University of Texas at Austin, where he teaches in the early childhood education program in the College of Education./e He has studied children's play in schools and homes for the past twenty years, and specializes in the meanings of children's play in their developmental contexts. He served as President for The Association for the Study of Play.
- Author(s)Stuart Reifel
- Date of Publication06/05/1999
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitlePlay & Culture Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberVol 2
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAblex Publishing Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight419 g
- Width151 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.