All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionPlaying is vital to the social, physical, cognitive, and spiritual development of our children. Yet cries for more academic preschools and demands for higher test scores are forcing play out of many early childhood environments. This book will explain why playing is school readiness. Filled with anecdotes, stories, and true-to-life experiences, you will also learn about the seven things we must do with children each and every day, and why they are so important.
- Author BiographyLisa Murphy, MEd, has been involved with early childhood education for over 20 years, teaching and working with children in various environments including Head Start, kindergarten, private preschools, family child care, parks and recreation centres, group homes, and many child care centres. As the founder and CEO of Ooey Gooey, Inc., Lisa's mission is to assist in the transformation of early childhood education by offering the best workshops and trainings, the most up to date materials and resources, and insightful conversations and connections through the power of social media. Lisa presents hundreds of workshops and keynotes at national and international audiences each year on various topics related to early childhood education. She uses humour and real life anecdotes to reach and engage her audiences. Lisa's standing room only seminars have become known for their information, humour, inspiration, and energetic delivery. Lisa practices what she preaches by blending laughter with learning. Lisa is recognised for her ability to link hands-on activities to educational standards, her outspoken advocacy, and her commitment to creating child-centred and play-based early childhood environments. Lisa lives in Upstate NY with her husband, Tom, and their dog, Otis, USA.
- Author(s)Lisa Murphy
- PublisherRedleaf Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSt Paul, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRedleaf Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.