All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen young children are engaged in imaginative or pretend play, they are t just having fun; they are developing skills and concepts that are foundational to their learning. Teachers can get the most out of this critical development time with thoughtful preparations that allow the children to freely explore their creativity and learn from each other. Using simple props and donated items, the book shows how centers can be transformed into rich and rewarding learning spaces for children.
- Author BiographyAnn Barbour is a professor emerita of early childhood education at California State University, Los Angeles. She received an MEd in Elementary Education and a PhD in Curriculum and Instruction, with a specialization in Early Childhood Education. She has taught preschool and elementary school and has played an active role in education for more than 30 years. Ann has studied and written about topics as varied as the importance of building literacy skills at home, playground design that incorporates learning opportunities for children of all developmental needs and abilities, portfolio assessment, and the importance of supporting families to promote the healthy development of children.
- Author(s)Ann Barbour
- PublisherGryphon House,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBeltsville, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGryphon House,U.S.
- Weight726 g
- Width216 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.