All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Slav has a well-deserved reputation as one of Black's strongest answers to 1 d4, and it's coincidence that it has been used by almost all the World Champions in chess history. Put simply, the Slav is a classy opening, one which combines reliability with the promise of dynamic counterplay. In this book, James Vigus presents a comprehensive and trustworthy repertoire for Black. He outlines the main ideas for both sides and highlights the tactics to watch out for. This book will provide you with eugh kwledge and skill to play the Slav with confidence in your own games.
- Author BiographyDr James Vigus is a FIDE Master and former British Junior Champion. He's a regular book reviewer and contributor to British Chess Magazine. His first book for Everyman Chess, The Pirc in Black and White, has been hailed by reviewers as an outstanding work. Outside of chess, he has completed a PhD in English Literature at Cambridge University.
- Author(s)James Vigus
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication28/05/2008
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight19 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.