Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.22Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionBRENT POPPEN'S Playground Lessons: Friendship And Forgiveness is a story about a little boy named Harley and his wheelchair. The story contains many emotional issues that the author had as a quadriplegic and still deals with on a daily basis. Playground Lessons is designed to be read to, or by students, in different grade levels, while creating meaningful discussions and lessons.
- Author BiographyBrent Poppen is an author, substitute teacher, counselor and an international motivational speaker. A sports accident at age sixteen caused a spinal-cord injury that left him paralyzed for life. Brent became a quadriplegic, losing complete use of his legs with some paralysis in his upper extremities. This was an ending in many ways, but also a beginning to journeys he never dreamed! His spinal-cord injury did not paralyze his athletic dreams, because he has become one of the top disabled athletes in the world. Brent competed in two consecutive Paralympics, Athens 2004 and Beijing 2008, in wheelchair rugby and tennis. He earned a Bronze Medal in wheelchair rugby and has received numerous Gold Medals and world titles in both sports. Brent is also an avid water skier, teaching other disabled persons either at his home lake, or through his water ski programs with Children's Hospital in Fresno, California. Poppen earned a bachelor's degree in social science from Chapman College in Southern California. He is a rehabilitation counselor at Children's Hospital in Fresno California. Poppen has served on staff at the Boys School (a youth correctional facility) in Paso Robles, California. Brent and Erica met while college students and dated for several years before becoming happily married. They later moved from Long Beach to Paso Robles, California, where Brent does substitute teaching and Erica is an elementary school teacher.
- Author(s)Brent Poppen
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.