All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.38
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $30.02Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionPlaying House' is the debut collection of poetry from Katherine Stansfield. A concise wit, a distinct voice and a unsettling view of the domestic, characterize these poems who's subjects are the ordinary as viewed through the author's satirical yet sympathetic eye. John Lenn's tooth, an imaginary 'Canada', bees in Rhode Island, jetlag and office politics are all peculiar grist to this author's mill. She presents both historical subjects, such as Captain Scott of the Antarctic, and common objects, such as household bleach, with a skewed perspective, adding humour, drama and a quietly distinctive pathos.
- Author BiographyKatherine Stansfield was born in Cornwall. She studied with Matthew Francis, Damian Walford Davies and Tiffany Atkinson at the University of Aberystwyth and is recognisably of their 'school' of writers. She now teaches Creative Writing there to undergraduates. Her reviews of contemporary fiction and poetry have appeared in New Welsh Review, Poetry Wales and Planet. Her own poetry has appeared in Poetry Wales, NWR, Poetry Cornwall, The James Dickey Review and in various anthologies. Her first novel, The Visitor, was published in 2014. She was long-listed for the Eric Gregory Awards in 2011.
- Author(s)Katherine Stansfield
- PublisherPoetry Wales Press
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBridgend
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight113 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.