All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionPlaying with Memories is the first collection of scholarly essays on the work of internationally acclaimed Canadian filmmaker Guy Maddin. It offers extensive perspectives on his career to date, from the early experimentation of The Dead Father (1986) to the intensely intimate revelations of My Winnipeg (2007). Featuring new and updated essays from American, Canadian, and Australian scholars, collaborators, and critics, as well as an in-depth interview with Maddin, this collection explores the aesthetics and politics behind Maddin's work, firmly situating his films within ongoing cultural debates about postmodernism, genre, and national identity.
- Author BiographyDavid Church is a PhD student at Indiana University, Canada. He has contributed to Film Quarterly, Offscreen, Senses of Cinema, The Encyclopedia of American Disability History , and several other publications.
- PublisherUniversity of Manitoba Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationWinnipeg
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Manitoba Press
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight480 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byDavid Church
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.