All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPlaying with Type is a hands-on, playful approach to learning type application and principles. This engaging guide begins with an introduction to the philosophy of learning through the process of play. Along with a series of experimental design projects with an emphasis on type, the author provides designers with a toolkit of ideas and skills developed through the process of play. The awareness and sensitivity to type styles, forms, and type choices gained through these visual experiments will increase the designer's confidence in their personal and professional work. This book can be used in the classroom or independently, and readers can go directly to exercises that appeal to them.
- Author BiographyLara McCormick completed her MFA in design from the School of Visual Arts, and has a post-graduate degree in typography from Cooper Union. She is currently the Graphic Design Chair at the New Hampshire Institute of Art. She is obsessed with all things type and is constantly looking to push it in new directions. She lives in Manchester, NH. Visit her online at http://www.laramc.com.
- Author(s)Lara McCormick
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication29/01/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitlePlaying
- Place of PublicationGloucester, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content Note300 color photos
- Weight708 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.08Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.