Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a complete introduction for all individuals and groups wishing to undertake the production of a play, aimed at the amateur enthusiast and anyone intending to pursue their interest further and undertake professional training. David Carter has over 30 years of experience in drama and takes the reader through the production of a play step by step, from setting up a drama group to the first night and entire run. The book can be read straight through or consulted as a handy reference work.It includes sections on all aspects of starting a drama group, from financing, organising and attracting members; choosing a director, choosing plays, auditions and casting; stage management, lighting, sound, costume, props, and prompting, to first nights, last nights, get-ins and get-outs. Additional sections deal with special concerns and interests: producing plays in the open air; schools productions; producing plays with n-English speakers; expatriate productions; plays without scripts; producing Shakespeare and Brecht. The resources section includes plentiful information about helpful drama organisations.
- Author BiographyDr. David Carter has taught at several UK universities and presently teaches at Yonsei University, Seoul. He has published on psychoanalysis, literature, drama, film history and applied linguistics, and is also a freelance writer and journalist. He has more than 30 years experience with amateur drama, as actor, director and for many years as chairman of a leading group in the South of England. He has written Pocket Essentials on Georges Simenon, Literary Theory and Kamera Books on East Asian Cinema and The Western.
- Author(s)David Carter
- PublisherOldcastle Books Ltd
- Date of Publication23/01/2009
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationHarpenden
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCreative Essentials
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight183 g
- Width135 mm
- Height194 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.