All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking anthology, part of the Women, Theatre and Performance series, brings together an extraordinary mix of one-act and full length plays and solo performance texts written by women. Included in the volume are texts by Beatrice Herford, Ruth Draper, Zora Neale Hurston and G.B. Stern, originally performed across commercial and amateur theatres in Britain and America. Some of the plays have remained unpublished since their original performance - Georgina Weldon's Not Alone, Clothilde Graves' Mother of Three, Rachel Crother's Ourselves and Marie Stope's Our Ostriches. Others are anthologized here alongside plays with which they connect aesthetically and historically, for example, Edith Lyttelton's Warp and Woof, Elizabeth Robins' Votes for Women, Elizabeth Baker's Edith, Sophie Treadwell's Machinal and Aimee Stuarts' Nine Till Six. The volume, for students and scholars, provides an accessible collection of texts exemplifying the range and breadth of women's theatre writing from the 1880s to the early decades of the twentieth century.
- Author BiographyMaggie B. Gale is Professor and Chair in Drama at The University of Manchester. Gilli Bush-Bailey is Senior Lecturer and Head of the Drama and Theatre Department at Royal Holloway, University of London.
- PublisherManchester University Press
- Date of Publication21/02/2012
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleWomen, Theatre and Performance
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManchester University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byGilli Bush-Bailey,Maggie B. Gale
- Series Edited byKate Dorney,Maggie B. Gale
- Format DetailsImitation cloth
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.