All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionNow here's a thing. ever wondered what happens behind the doors of a telephone exchange? You are about to find out; be ready to be shocked. This memoir covers the hilarious misadventures of a new apprentice as he experiences the incompetance, laziness, pranks and dubious activities of the GPO telephone engineers. As he struggles to come to terms with the overly laid back attitudes and prank filled days, his horizons are widened by his Saturday job; selling paraffin on the streets of London. It's the 60s and anything goes. So bear this in mind as some of the content is very much adult in nature. Now, sit back and have a good laugh with those guys long gone
- Author BiographyStanley George had a successful career in telecommunications spanning 33 years. Starting as an apprentice and finishing as Head of HR for BT Networks. On retiring to the south of France he had time to reflect on the humorous adventures along the way and this led to the memoir 'Please Wipe Your Boots'. Stanley is currently writing a similar account of 10 years as an ex-pat. The strange characters and bizarre events encountered in rural France match the chaos that was the GPO. He hopes that you enjoy this book as much as he enjoyed writing it.
- Author(s)Stanley George
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/10/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Most relevant reviews
- tonyjacques17 Jun, 2016by
A must read
This Hilarious book is a definite must read for anyone who was or knew an apprentice.....mayhem !!
Verified purchase: No
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.