Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps the best vel yet about the collapse of the Berlin Wall, 'at once cinematic, intimate and epic' (The Times) - from Granta Best of British velist Philip Hensher, author of the bestselling The Mulberry Empire. 'Pleasured begins on New Year's Eve, 1988, when a car breaks down on a road connecting West Germany and West Berlin. Inside the car are an unlikely trio - Peter Picker, an Englishman, and the two strangers to whom he is giving a lift, a student who calls herself Daphne and Friedrich Kaiser. The vel tracks their intertwined fates in the year that follows. It is, of course, ordinary year, and it is t only the Berlin Wall which has collapsed by its end...Distinctive and consistently appealing, Philip Hensher's vels are full of mysteries to be uncovered, lies to collapse, and secrets to be dramatically revealed.' Guardian
- Author BiographyPhilip Hensher's novels include Kitchen Venom, which won the Somerset Maugham Award, Other Lulus and The Mulberry Empire, which was longlisted for the Man Booker Prize, shortlisted for the WH Smith 'People's Choice' Award and highlighted by no fewer than twelve reviewers as their 'book of the year'. Chosen by Granta to appear on their prestigious, once-a-decade list of the twenty best young British novelists, Philip Hensher is also a columnist for the Independent and chief book reviewer for the Spectator. He lives in south London.
- Author(s)Philip Hensher
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication19/07/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight260 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.