All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a mathematics book written specifically for the enjoyment of n-mathematicians and those who hated math in school. The book is organized into two sections: (I) Beauty for the Eye (shallow water for the n-swimmer); and (II) A Feast for the Mind (slowly getting deeper for the more adventurous).The author covers beautiful infinite series beginning with those that a young child can understand to one that even Isaac Newton, Gottfried Liebniz and the famous Berulli brothers could t sum.
- Author BiographyDr Y E O Adrian graduated from the University of Singapore at the top of his class with first class Honors in Chemistry in 1966, followed by a Master of Science degree in 1968. He received his Master of Arts and his Doctor of Philosophy degrees from Cambridge University in 1970, and did post-doctoral research at Stanford University, California. For his research, he was elected Fellow of Christ's College, Cambridge and appointed Research Associate at Stanford University in 1970. His career spans from fundamental and applied research and development, academia, and top appointments in politics and industry. His public service includes philanthropy and sports administration. Among his numerous awards are the Charles Darwin Memorial Prize, the Republic of Singapore's Distinguished Service Order, the International Olympic Committee Centenary Medal, and the Honorary Fellowship of Christ's College, Cambridge University.
- Author(s)Adrian Ning Hong Yeo
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2006
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.