All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.57Trending at AU $56.09
About this product
- DescriptionPleeaze! Tell me that wasn't a teacher! is a humorously written, anecdotal account based on the multifarious events and incidents the author, Nick Crozby, has been privileged to encounter, enjoy and occasionally suffer during his long career in education. The events related were real but the names of all those involved have been changed to preserve anymity. Pleeaze! Tell me that wasn't a teacher! follows his hesitant steps as a trainee teacher, struck dumb during an early lesson, confronted by parents in his first few weeks of teaching, and then encountering talented and dangerous pupils. Near disasters at a steel works, sea sickness on a ferry, claustrophobia down a coalmine and narrowly escaping avalanches in the Alps are just some of the fun times he enjoyed with his pupils. With his well-chosen stories and incidents Nick t only entertains but informs the reader about the nefariouscolourful behind the scenes goings on in the educational world. The dialogue is colourfully illustrated with many incidents some sad, others naughty and some very moving. Nick encountered a stuttering sportsman, a one handed pupil and even a boy brought up in a kennel providing him and you the reader with many poignant moments. He describes attempts to involve the wider community encountering in the process cases of child abuse, meeting a target criminal and working with police and social services on a regular basis. Incidents and characters seemed to follow him during his time in higher education Many pupils stand out for different reasons and Nick is still in contact with several of them. Nick Crozby married his childhood sweetheart and has been happily married for over 50 years. They have two children and three grandchildren. Nick Crozby is the authors' pen name.
- Author(s)Nick Crozby
- Date of Publication27/09/2013
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight344 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.