All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers the recent research advancements in the area of charging strategies that can be employed to accommodate the anticipated high deployment of Plug-in Electric Vehicles (PEVs) in smart grids. Recent literature has focused on various potential issues of uncoordinated charging of PEVs and methods of overcoming such challenges. After an introduction to charging coordination paradigms of PEVs, this book will present various ways the coordinated control can be accomplished. These invative approaches include hierarchical coordinated control, model predictive control, optimal control strategies to minimize load variance, smart PEV load management based on load forecasting, integrating renewable energy sources such as photovoltaic arrays to supplement grid power, using wireless communication networks to coordinate the charging load of a smart grid and using market price of electricity and customers payment to coordinate the charging load. Hence, this book proposes many new strategies proposed recently by the researchers around the world to address the issues related to coordination of charging load of PEVs in a future smart grid.
- Author BiographyDr. Sumedha Rajakaruna received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He was a Lecturer at University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka until 2000 and then an Assistant Professor at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore until 2007. Since 2007, he is at Curtin University, Perth, Australia. He is the founding Director and Lead Designer of Green Electric Energy Park at Curtin University, a state of the art renewable energy laboratory built at the cost of over $1.2 million in 2012. He is the supervisor of more than 10 PhD graduates and has published 2 book chapters and over 40 research articles. Dr. Farhad Shahnia received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia. He is currently a Lecturer in Curtin University, Perth, Australia. His professional experience includes three years at Research Office-Eastern Azarbayjan Electric Power Distribution Company, Tabriz, Iran. Prior to joining Curtin University, he was a research fellow in Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia. He has published 5 book chapters, 8 journal papers and 55 conference papers.
- PublisherSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Date of Publication03/08/2016
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitlePower Systems
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintSpringer Verlag, Singapore
- Content Note55 black & white illustrations, 109 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight516 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byArindam Ghosh,Farhad Shahnia,Sumedha Rajakaruna
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.