All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive guide for designing plyometric programmes. Plyometrics, also kwn as jump training, are a group of exercises based on the principle of having muscles exert maximum force in as short a time as possible, with the intention of increasing both strength and power. Plyometric training has become an important element in most sport conditioning programmes over the past two decades. But many athletes are still doing it wrong and getting injured or getting far less than they should from their training. Plyometrics presents only the best science-based and tested exercises and programmes to ensure optimal power with minimal risk of injury. This comprehensive guide also includes sport-specific power training regimes for basketball, soccer, football, rugby and volleyball, and shows how to integrate those plans into a total athlete development programme.
- Author BiographyDonald A. Chu pioneered research-supported plyometric training in the Western hemisphere and is credited with bringing plyometric training to the attention of coaches, athletes and fellow professionals in sport. Gregory D. Myer is currently the Director of Research and The Human Performance Laboratory for the Division of Sports Medicine at Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.
- Author(s)Donald A. Chu,Gregory Myer
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note20 black & white illustrations, 371 black & white halftones
- Weight635 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.